Tuesday 12 June 2012

My Procedures

By now you should have an inkling that I actually did my eyes. The exact procedure that I had done was epicanthoplasty and double eyelid surgery. I shall go into the specifics of the surgery and what exactly it is.
Epicanthoplasty is the removal of the fold that obscures the eyes in the middle. By removing this fold, your eyes will appear larger and if your eyes used to be far apart from your nose, this will actually make it look a little bit closer.
Alot of Asians actually have this Mongolian fold, did you notice the 2 lines that run down the middle of the eyes are less apparent after the surgery? The eyes appear brighter and livelier.

The next procedure that I had done is the double fold. I actually have hidden folds in my eyes that sometimes would appear tapered when I cried the night before or due to lack of sleep. This causes unevenness in both of my eyes and I hated it. So before I actually decided on doing something about it. I had to decide on the type of double eyelid that I want.
You see, there are 2 types that are popular. One is the tapered double eyelid and the other one is the parallel double eyelid. Most of the Chinese possesses tapered double eyelids. It is more natural looking and suits Asian faces better. This is more Korean style, they prefer natural tapered lids such as this as evidenced by most of the Korean celebrities possessing tapered eyelids. Some examples as shown below.



The other popular style that the Japanese favor would be the parallel double eyelids. This is more reminiscent of the Caucasian style eyes though I have to add that it is not the same case as having deep set eyes as them. The double fold is is parallel from the inner folds till all the way outwards. Anime looking eyes are another example when you think of parallel folds. Here are some examples.


Here's the obvious difference between the both.


Well, eventually, I opted for the Parallel lids as it suited my face better. Eye make up also shows up better on parallel eyelids. However, please be sure of what you would like to achieve before you even decide to go under the knife. Though I do have to add that double folds are mostly reversible but invasive surgeries are actually not minor issues, so do take them in serious contemplation and do not rush into it.

I will discuss the preparation details next so do look out for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment